Prime Emerging Athlete Program
The overall aim of the Prime Emerging Athlete Program is to increase the number of WA based athletes selected on international tea
The Prime Emerging Athlete Program is designed to support up to 10 athletes to:
• Improve athlete performance by accessing strength training programs in a world class training environment;
• Provide a monitored strength and conditioning servicing to the next crop of 'emerging athletes';
• Provide access to recovery facilities at WAIS;
• Provide access to a structured injury prevention program with a Physiotherapist, with screenings, group sessions.
• Support WA based athletes demonstrating a high level of performance with the potential to represent Australia on a senior international team between 2020 and 2024; and
• Reduce the incidence and impact of injuries on performance.
The squad will be able to access the WAIS High Performance Training Centre on Monday and Fridays from 6 to 7 pm under the supervision of a qualified S&C Coach.